This page contains all the slides that I taught.
TIGP Introduction to NGS¶
- Introductory lecture [v2018]
- Introduction II Linux, R, and other-Tools [v2018]
- Genome Assembly and case studies [v2018]
- Read Mappings [v2018]
- From Alignment to phylogenetic tree (Jiang Ming Chang) [v2018]
- DNA/RNA preparation and different sequencing technologies (Meiyeh Lu)
- RNAseq and Genome annotation [v2018]
- Comparative Genomics [v2018]
- Population Genomics (John Wang)
- Amplicon / Metagenomics [v2018]
- Practical one: Linux and R
- Practical two: RNAseq mapping and EdgeR
- Final Report
Homework: Choose a paper that combines both comparative genomics and RNAseq to address a biological question. The paper has to be published from 2015-2018. Please write a review, be critique on the techniques used and assess the strength and weaknesses of the paper. Please hand in before 12/29 (one month’s time to write the homework). Late or no hand in of your work will be marked 0.